Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO Heritage Edition is a Special Edition of Universal Audio’s Acclaimed Apollo Twin X Interface with DUO Core Processing and a Bundled UAD Plug-In Package Worth over $1,300. Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition has all the benefits of the acclaimed Apollo Twin X, including elite-class A/D and D/A conversion, DUO Core realtime UAD plug-in processing, Unison-enabled mic preamps, and full LUNA Recording System integration. And it goes a step further, with a software suite of 5 award-winning UAD plug-in titles, featuring Collections from Teletronix, Pultec, and UA.
Apollo Heritage Editions include plug-ins featured in UAD Spark, UA’s subscription plug-in collection that runs natively on Mac, with no UA hardware required. With UAD Spark, you can expand your plug-in processing power, balancing your DSP load between Apollo and your computer’s onboard processing. 10×16 desktop Thunderbolt 3 audio recording interface featuring elite-class AD/DA conversion, UAD-2 DUO processing, and two Unison mic preamps plus the Desktop Apollo Heritage and Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundles along with the UAD Ultimate Bundle.
A SPECIAL EDITION FEATURING ICONIC UAD ANALOG COLLECTIONS ONBOARD
A hallmark feature of Apollo is its Realtime UAD Processing, letting you run the full library of UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency. Taking you a step further, Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition gives you 5 premium plug-in titles — including the full suite of UA’s Teletronix and 1176 compressors, all Pultec EQs, UA 610 Unison mic preamps, and Pure Plate Reverb.
Included in Apollo “Heritage Edition” Bundle:
- UA 1176 Classic Limiter Collection
- Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
- Pultec Passive EQ Collection
- UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection
- Pure Plate Reverb
These premium Heritage Edition titles are in addition to Universal Audio Apollo Twin X DUO included “Realtime Analog Classics” bundle, giving you the most accurate library of classic analog emulations included with any professional audio interface.
TWO UNISON PREAMPS — THE SOUND OF NEVE, HELIOS, API, AVALON & MORE
Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition features two Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, Avalon, Helios, and Universal Audio. A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison is a proprietary hardware-software integration that nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid-state mic pres — including their input impedance, gain stage “sweet spots,” and component-level circuit behaviors.
Unison technology is also found on Apollo Twin X’s front-panel Hi-Z instrument input, providing dead-on impedance and gain matching for guitar and bass amp models from Fender, Marshall, Ampeg, and more.
ELITE-CLASS A/D AND D/A CONVERSION
With thousands of hit songs and hundreds of Grammy-winning albums under their belt, Apollo Twin interfaces are used to create exceptional-sounding records every day. To improve upon the previous generation, UA engineers redesigned the Apollo Twin X’s audio conversion to deliver a striking 127 dB dynamic range and -117 dB THD+N, giving it a spacious, organic sound that easily rivals dedicated high-end converters costing much more.
LUNA RECORDING SYSTEM — DEEP APOLLO INTEGRATION WITH A FAST, NATURAL WORKFLOW
All Apollo X series interfaces work with all major DAWs, including Logic Pro, Ableton Live, Pro Tools, and more. But they become a fully integrated recording system with LUNA, a powerful recording application for Mac from Universal Audio. Bolstered by Accelerated Realtime Monitoring,™ LUNA lets you track and mix in an intuitive single-window workflow with unlimited track counts, with full AU support and access to exclusive LUNA Instruments and Extensions.
ADDITIONAL CONNECTIONS & BUILT-IN TALKBACK MIC
With its two Unison-equipped preamps, two line outs, and optical ADAT/SPDIF input — plus dedicated monitor remote controls and built-in Talkback mic — the 10 x 6 Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition gives you the I/O you need for professional tracks and mixes.
PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE AND SCALABILITY
Users of Apollo Twin X Heritage Edition can combine up to four Thunderbolt Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices — adding I/O and DSP as your studio grows. Once you expand your studio with an Apollo X rack-mount unit, you can use Apollo Twin X as a desktop monitor control with additional I/O and DSP power.
- A special edition of UA’s acclaimed Apollo Twin X interface — with a premium suite of 5 award-winning plug-in titles from Teletronix, Pultec, and UA — a 1,300 value
- Elite-class A/D and D/A conversion derived from the Apollo X rackmount interfaces
- 2 Unison mic preamps offer stunning models of classic tube and transformer-based mic preamps and guitar amps
- UAD DUO Core Processing for tracking through vintage compressors, EQs, tape machines, mic preamps, and guitar amp plug-ins with near-zero latency
- Produce with LUNA Recording System — a fully-integrated recording application made for Apollo (Mac only)
- Runs UAD Powered Plug-Ins via VST, AU, and AAX 64 formats in all major DAWs
- Compatible with Logic Pro, Pro Tools, Cubase, Ableton Live, and more
- Front-panel Unison-enabled Hi-Z instrument input and headphone out
- Built-in Talkback mic for communication with studio talent and recording slate cues
- Dedicated monitor functionality including monitor remote functions and Mono, Mute, DIM, and ALT monitor controls
- Up to 8 channels of additional digital input via optical ADAT/SPDIF input
- Also includes “Realtime Analog Classics” UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A and 1176 compressors, Marshall Plexi Classic, Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
- Uncompromising analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support — on the phone and online — from knowledgeable audio engineers
REALTIME ANALOG CLASSICS BUNDLE
The Realtime Analog Classics plug-in bundle includes some of the top plug-ins from the UAD-2 platform like the UA-610-B Tube Preamp, Marshall Plexi Amp Simulator, UAD Precision Series, Pultec EQs, Ampeg SVT Bass Amp Simulator, LA-2A and the 1176 compressors. Featuring an onboard UAD-2 SOLO Core processor, Arrow lets you monitor and record through the full library of UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine Fairchild 670 compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.